Sewing 101 Workshop: Straight Lines are your FRIEND!
Skill level: Beginner
How well can you sew a straight line? In this beginner class we will be focusing on getting comfortable with controlling your sewing machine. You will leave with a better understanding of sewing machine parts, controlling speed and stitch types.
Project: Design your own tote bag. Why a tote bag? Mastering how to sew a straight line will take you to the next level in your sewing adventures. Plus, totes bags are a cute and functional accessory that can be utilized by women and men. A tote bag does not have to just be a blank canvas. Experiment with color combinations, patterns and more!
Things to know before class:
- Don't stress about sewing. You can do this!!!!
- You will have fun. I promise!
- 3 students per class
- Students are responsible for their own fabrics and thread
- We highly suggest you come with your own sewing kit, but basic tools will be provided for use during the class
- Sewing machines will be provided upon request
- If you are bringing your own sewing machine please schedule a time to meet with LaToya in preparation for class
- An email will be sent out to each student after sign up with more details