Workshop Dates for the month:
Friday, July 23rd from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Friday, July 29th from 11:00am to 1:30pm
Sewing 100 Workshop: Let's Make a Pillow!
Skill level: Beginner
Time: 2.5 Hours
Are you starting from scratch? Do you want to learn the basics of sewing? In this beginner class we will be focusing on getting comfortable with controlling your sewing machine. You will leave with a better understanding of sewing machine parts, controlling speed, stitch types and a few hand sewing techniques.
Project: Decorative pillows are a great way to add flare to a room. In this class, you will be making a cute decorative pillow. This project will give you the opportunity to learn about sewing in a straight line using your sewing machine. We will also have fun learning about fabrics and decorative applications.
Things to know before class:
- Don't stress about sewing. You can do this!!!!
- You will have fun. I promise!
- 3 students per class
- You may bring your own fabric or choose from our stash
- We highly suggest you come with your own sewing kit, but basic tools will be provided for use during the class
- Sewing machines will be provided upon request
- If you are bringing your own sewing machine please contact LaToya and be prepared to come to class at least 10 minutes early for set up.
- An email will be sent out to each student after sign up with more details
Sewing Class Disclaimer:
*All sales are final. A one time credit will be given to students that can not make it to class due to an emergency. Cancellations must be made prior to the start of class. Students will then have the opportunity to participate in the next available sewing class.
*Those using sewing equipment and other tools during the class are participating at their own risk. We ask that all students respect the tools being used and all safety recommendations while in class. Omni Chic is not responsible for any injuries made while sewing.
*We have policies in place that adhere to CDC guidelines to protect students from Covid 19 during class. MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Students shall remain 6 feet apart during sessions. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.